Monday, June 2, 2008

Do I live in Bizzarro World?




This story is to good not to share. I am at work at the pawnshop when one of our more colorful customers comes in. She is really a kick in the pants and has lived quite an interesting life. Unfortunately she is going through a messy divorce and is pawning items to make her rent until the divorce is final. She has only been a customer for about a month. She comes in hauling two huge leather duffle bags full of silver heirlooms. She has been in the day before and got a loan already. "Come here Riesa, I have to tell you something" she says giggling. So, we go around the corner off the showroom floor. She says "I have to tell you how I gave the money you loaned me to my boyfriend. Keep in mind she is in her early 60's with long gray hair, Drew Carey glasses and weighs about 95 pounds. All of a sudden she undoes her jeans and pulls down her pants to show me her black lace boyshort underwear with matching camisole. I'm caught off guard. "Oh! " I laugh nervously as she is explaining how she put the money in the waistband of her panties. Next thing I know she is coming at me showing me how her boyfriend took the money out of her camisole with his teeth. I switch over to sex education mode (Keeping a calm exterior presence while inside screaming "I can't believe this is happening!" as your children ask you embarrasing questions.) I say "Maybe you should pull up your pants before someone sees." As I am thinking what must this look like, an aging woman with her pants around her ankles and her head at my chest. Luckily no one saw. I go on with processing her loan. Later the more I think about this, the more I think "DO I LIVE IN A BIZARRO WORLD?" All you can do is laugh, she really is very sweet, she just adds more interest to the world.

3 comments:

Amber Red said...

I laughed out load!! I bet you are going to have some great stories to tell....So glad you started a blog.

Amber Red said...

collin here---what key word did you google to find your old lady pic?

Riesa said...

I think I googled old lady in underwear.